Crossing from Sarrande to Italy, we had a little rough weather. The ship rocked a bit and Linda skipped dinner. I wish I had brought a pair of dress flats to wear to dinner, as walking in heels was a bit of a challenge. There was a great lightning storm, too. But it calmed down by the morning.
It was rainy and overcast when we got to Sicily, and we all donned rain gear. Craig went with David directly up to Mt. Etna, but the rest of us went on a tour to to Taormina, lunch at a local hotel and then to a lower crater on Mt.Etna. Taormina has an old section, and our guide took us up to see an old theater that is still being used, and had an amazing view of both the harbor and Mt. Etna.
The rain started just as we left the crater, including some hail. It was chilly up there, and they actually ski about 60 days of the year on the mountain. Then we got to see the Stromboli volcano from the ship by moonlight, an active volcano that is actually spewing lava.
Today we will be anchored off the Amalfi coast and Craig & I are going to visit Pompeii.
I'm having problems uploading photos, so I'll keep trying, or I'll have to wait till we get home.
No comments:
Post a Comment